BARRIER-FREE HOTEL IN THE AUSTRIAN TYROL
FREEDOM. NATURE. EXPERIENCE.
A warm welcome to the most award-winning wheelchair-friendly hotel in the Alps. The generous ambience of our 4-star hotels in the Tyrolean Kaunertal brings you warm hospitality and barrier-freedom down to the smallest detail to create an unforgettable holiday feeling.
We began to adapt our hotel for wheelchairs back in 1991 – and over some nine years have created a hotel that removes all handicaps.
At the official opening in 2000 we were able to present our hotel as the most modern, most complete and excellently designed barrier-free hotel in Austria and probably in the whole of central Europe. Inspired by wheelchair users in our family, we live barrier-freedom at every level and with quite exceptional ease as a matter of course – and we invite you too to get to know the nature, culture, country and people in one of the Tyrol’s most excellent holiday regions.
Book your barrier-free room in our sporting wheelchair-friendly hotel in the Austrian Tyrol. We look forward to welcoming you!
BARRIER-FREE & ACTIVE HOLIDAY? OF COURSE IT’S POSSIBLE!
Our aim is to remove all handicaps to enjoyment and to get over limitations and barriers in people’s minds too.
To enable the Kaunertal and its natural features to be experienced in different ways. And so the Kaunertal glacier region is just as accessible as our hotel’s wellness area. The longest wheelchair-accessible bar in the Alps also offers social opportunities such as the joint Summer and Winter Active Adventures. In our Wheelchair Roadbook we have put together more than 50 unforgettable tours for you and your loved ones and on request, we can have our barrier-free Ferrari 360 Spider F1 driven for you. Experience the pass drive of your life and sense the joie de vivre that has made wheelchair-users from all over the world fans of our 4-star hotels – come and join them.
AWARDS RECEIVED BY OUR BARRIER-FREE 4-STAR HOTEL IN THE AUSTRIAN TYROL
- 2000: ORF ‘Golden Wheelchair’ award
- 2001: As the 1st wheelchair-friendly hotel in the Alps our hotel was granted the ‘National Tourism Award’ by the Austrian Federal Ministry for the Economy and Labour.
- 2002: We were delighted to receive the ‘Integration Award’ and the ‘Hospitality Award 2002’.
- 2003: For the 2nd time in a row we were granted the ‘Friends of Fairness’ national award for the roadbook for wheelchair-users.
- 2013: In collaboration with the Kaunergrat nature park we won the Eden Award (European Destination of Excellence).